cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: MDM Item details iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have a MDM item details iview. When i choose edit button, create is getting disabled. Actually i want to create a new record by editing some fields of the existing record. How can i do this customisation.

Thanks,

Prasanthi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

How can i duplicate the existing record?

Thanks,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have Create permissions for ItemDetails iView then Duplicate button should occur automatically.

Place both the iViews ItemDetails and Resultset in one page so that eventing can occur between the two, select the record to be duplicated from the resultset iView, once selected the record will appear in ItemDetails iView and the necessary buttons will get enabled automatically.

Since i dont have system now else i would have given you the detailed steps. If you dont get the Duplicate button after selecting record then click on Edit and then check whether Duplicate appears or not.

For more information, you can refer the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/45/c87d0243e56f75e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Creating and Managing iViews -> Creating an Item Detail iView

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Edited by: Jitesh Talreja on May 29, 2009 2:31 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks jitesh..the solution works perfect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to first duplicate the existing record, make the changes and save it. This will surve your purpose

Create - Will create the new record, similar to Record Add of Data Manager

Edit - Will allow you to edit the current record and once you save the existing record gets modified

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanthi,

You can select the option for Create/Update from the iview settings while creating the iview.

Regards,

Arafat