Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity table showing more than 100 % load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SNP optimizer

In one of the runs we have observed that the capacity of the resource is getting overloaded more than 100% but when we check in the optimizer log the log shows load of only 100%

Can you please help me to understand why there is no consistency between log of optimizer and capacity table

Regards

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

You have the answer. just need to find the data. The optimizer is loading the resource to what it thinks is one hundred percent.

It is either not seeing all the orders loaded on that resource, or has a different available capacity then is shown in the book.

A classic problem here is reviewing the results in a different planning book then you ran the optimizer. For example if you ran the optimizer in a monthly bucket book and you are viewing the results in a weekly book. 1 out of 4 weeks will be very overloaded.

Carefully compare your optimizer log to the details of your planning book you should find the difference.

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply

Actually the resource which is getting overloaded is been used by 10 products

And i can see orders from almost 5 products during that bucket

Also this overload had happend in many weeks

I would also like to mention that optimizer log shows 100% utilization and the order qty in Optimizer matches order qty in planning book, but in planning book it is overloading the resource

regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satyajit,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the bucket size and also the start date and end date of the order and have observed that there is no issue in the start date or end date it is lying in the bucket

Also i tried to run the optimizer now and the system is not overloading this time

But could not undestand why it had overloaded the resource during last run

Regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you changed the FC or is there a change in planned order created. or did you make any change in the lot sizeor period factor/bucket offset? . I think previously the planned order quantity was very large. and its total operation period more than 8 hrs (if u using daiy bucket) or more than 40 hrs (if u using weekly bucket, 5days working).

Thanks,

Satyajit

Edited by: Satyajit Patra on May 29, 2009 10:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Please check the bucket size. When an order's start date and end date are in different bucket then the total resource consumption is showed in the bucket where start date of the order fall. that means actually there is no over consumption of resource. You must see below 100% consumption in the next bucket or next to next bucket.

check the orders of the over loaded bucket in RRP3 view and see its start date and end date. i

Thanks,

Satyajit