Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Issue reversal error: Deficit of BA Ret.blocked prev. 1 EA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I am trying to reverse a PGI in VL09 and I'm getting following error:

Deficit of BA Ret.blocked prev. 1 EA : (MAT) (PLANT) (S LOC) (BATCH)

I checked MMBE and the stocks are available.

As there's a "prev" in the error message, I checked the original PGI date and it is 03/31/09.

As period 03 is closed, I tried to change the reversal date to 04/30/09 (previous period being open) but still got the same message.

ME 021 is already a "warning" in our system.

What am I missing here? Please help. I would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Manasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry..you have mentioned that in your question also.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manasi,

Looks like the problem is due to batch search strategy. Please check which batch search strategy is activated. Otherwise check in VCH1,VCH2 t-codes.

Provide us feedback so that we can help u further.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

I checked in VCH3 and I could not find any batch search strategy for Mat/Cust/Plant.

Thanks,

Manasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manasi,

>Deficit of BA Ret.blocked prev. 1 EA

The reason now i feel is because of movement type, After doing some practice in system i feel this error is coming because u doesnt have stock in BLOCKED. and the delievry u are reversing is from UNRESTRICTED.

Please check the stock in MMBE, whether its blocked or not? so while doing reversal system tries to pick the stock frm blocked and dint find any quantity.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

I have stock available both in unrestricted and blocked!! Any further clue?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manasi,

Do u hve stock of same batch in blocked and unrrestricted? The batch number of the goods which u sent to customer should be same while receiving back,.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

The problem is resolved.

I realized I had transferred the stock from unrestricted to blocked (mvt type 344) but according to the error I was supposed to transfer it to "returns blocked" (mvt type 454).

I could reverse the PGI after I transferred required quantities to "returns blocked".

Just needed to read the message carefully, I guess!

Thanks everyone for your time and valuable inputs.

Regards,

Manasi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I really appreciate you for the updation and thanks for the same

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Deficit of BA Ret.blocked prev

I believe you are not doing normal reversal process. Can you please brief in which scenario, you were trying to reverse. Are you trying to cancel the PGR ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi,

It's a unique type of sales order called "returns" with which our client sends units to customer for evaluation. (authorized returns) A delivery is created followed by PGI (mvt type 651).

The units are shipped out of a loner storage location (which is not planned), from unrestricted use. I wonder why the error message says "blocked" stock...

Thanks,

Manasi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the original delivery...whether the PGI was done or not. Guess, PGI was not done and hence it is not allowing to cancel the PGI.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

The PGI was done on 3/31/09. Any other suggestion?

Thank you.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need not define any date. Just execute VL09, key in delivery reference and execute. System will consider the current posting period and you can reverse. I have tested for a delivery which belongs to March, maintained current period and reversed successfully.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have also tried with the default date/ system date....but still same error.

Any further thoughts?