cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account distribution by Quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SRm 4.0 with extended classic scenario.

We are facing an issue with cost distribution in shopping cart and purchase order.

In general, when we have a cost distribution, total value /qty in account assignment tab should match the item value / qty. If not is should give error. It is working fine, when the distribution is by percentage or value.

If it is by quantity, then it is not giving any error message in shopping cart.

In PO, if the quantity doesn't match, then it is giving the error "Sum of quantities >xxx< smaller than total quantity"

But if we delete any of the account assignment item in PO, then at that time also it is not giving the error even the total qty doesn't match the item qty.

Could you please help me to activate this validation in shopping cart and PO?

Thanks,

SS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ss

SAP Note 982674 - Change PO quantity does not update

account assign quantity

SAP Note 850024 - Sum of percentages >99,9< smaller than

100 %

SAP Note 1046269 - "The sum of the distributed quantities"

error on PO

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked those notes. It seems those notes are for different issues which are not occuring in our system.

For me the problem is, validation is not happening in shopping cart when the cost distribution is by quantity.

Similarly, it is not happening in multiple account assigned POs, when the all the account assignments except the one has been deleted.

Thanks,

SS

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

However if those data is incorrect, PO can not be generated right. after ordering what error you get in rz20?

qty 3

qty 1 - costcenter 100

qty 2- cost center 300 - deleted.

are you geting any error ? what was the error .Is PO created.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Please find below the example:

PO item qty - 100

Cost distribution:

Line 1 - 50

Line 2 - 30

Line 3 - 20

Now the PO has been ordered. PO in backend is showing three account assignments.

After that, I have deleted the fiirst 2 account assignments (1 & 2).

Now the PO will show like:

PO item qty - 100

Cost distribution:

Line 1 - 50 (deleted)

Line 2 - 30 (deleted)

Line 3 - 20

Now the Po item qty and account assignment qty are not same. In this it should give an error. But I am still able to order the PO. When the PO has been transfered to backend, I could see only one account assignment in ME23N but the PO item qty is showing there. Because of that I could able to process confirmation and invoice.

Now, if I change the qty of this specific item, then the new qty is getting updated in teh account assignment tab against the third item.

Rather, if I try to add another item to the PO, then at that time it is giving the error messasge: Sum of quantities > xxx < sum of total quantities.

Till invoice has been posted, it is not giving the error message.

Thanks,

SS

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS

create a new PO boss. Are you doing product testing?

search notes and post oss messages.

br

muthu