cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new fields to an SIS Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to add new structure fields to SIS structure S504. The source table is MCVKENNZ1 which has an include MCVKUSR with our custom fields in it. It won't let me add new fields to that Include without registering the object. I don't think that's the way I'm supposed to do it. I was thinking the way to do it was to create an append to that MCVKUSR and add the new fields and then modify MC22 and I guess the update rules.

I'm new to SIS and I've been asked to do this quickly. Can you tell me the process and the transaction codes that I need to deal with to get these new fields in S504

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SIS structures with numbers 501-999 are customer-defined, so your S504 exists only in your system - just FYI.

The SIS structures may be changed in MC22 transaction, but the new fields may be added only from a catalog. If you're adding some brand new Z... fields you'll need to add the fields to the catalog first. I don't believe it's necessary to modify the above mentioned tables. If I remember correctly, you need to add a Z... field to the source document table (e.g. VBAP for sales orders) and from there it will be copied to the communication structure (MCVBAP) as well.

The catalog may be changed in MC19 transaction (MC18 if you need to create a brand new one). If you're adding some fields that do not exist in any document (e.g. you're planning to calculate the value in a formula inside SIS), then it may be done there, I believe.

Please keep in mind that if you're adding a characteristic, the data will be deleted. You will also have to delete and re-create the update definitions. This might not be necessary if you're adding a key figure, but I'm not 100% sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

The MCVKENNZ1 is considered the reference table and the source table. We do have custome z fields in this structure and I need to ad one to it. I understand that the S504 is only in our system and it's customer-defined. This structure is different than MCVBAP. There isn't a source document table for MCVKENNZ1 like there is for MCVBAP.

MCVKENNZ1 is 'SIS: Key Figures with Different Technical Features' structure. In this structure, there is an include MCVKUSR which is an include to add Individual Customer Fields for Field Catalogs/Updating. That's where our ZZ fields are.

Thanks again.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, SAP Help pretty much confirms what you've said in the original post - if the fields do not match any existing fields then they should be in MCVKUSR:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/pt/fb/23ee347a34d111a4620060b03c3b0e/content.htm

It might be normal that you need to register the object - unfortunately, I haven't done this in a while and don't recall how it works exactly. However, you might have the key already - look it up or check with your Basis admin. The key works only for one release though, so if you had an upgrade since the previous fields were added, you'll need a new key.

After that you should be able to proceed with the transactions mentioned above, I believe.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps, a fter that you do the append of ZZ fields in the structures, you need populate the fields ZZ with the enhancement MCS10001.

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Would you make a search in sdn there are already posts on this .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think most people are intelligent enough to do a search before posting without being told this. I did a search and the responses did not address my question.

If there is anyone else who can answer this, please respond?

Thank you.

Edited by: Linda Wilkins on May 29, 2009 8:03 PM