cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe on R/3 tables : possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering whether it's possible to build a Universe on top of a R/3 table via the SAP Integration kit. Is it?

Regards,

Satyajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of now i think its not possible directly to create universe on top of R3 tables.

Thanks,

SK.

0 Kudos

Hi,

if you apply Enchancement Packet 4 (EHP 4) on your SAP ERP system then it is possible to create universes on infoset queries.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My R/3 system is on 4.0B. But even if I get Ehp4 applied, does the SAP integration kit support R/3 systems for Universe creation? Because in the universe designer for XI 3.1 I only see an option to connect to a SAP BW server and not a ERP system.

Regards,

Satyajit

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if you can apply EHP 4 on a 4.0 system. But assuming you have an SAP ERP system with EHP4 then you must still use the SAP BW driver in the Universe Designer in order to access the infoset queries in your SAP ERP system.

Please note that this way you can only access infoset queries and not the R/3 tables directly. There exists no driver for accessing directly the R/3 tables.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't mean to apply Ehp4 to a 4.0 system. Do you know whether the BW driver is available via SDN or Service Marketplace?

Regards,

Satyajit

0 Kudos

Hi,

the BW driver for universes is part of the integration kit for SAP. It is the same driver you use when you want to build a universe upon a BW query.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

using the integration kit for SAP systems, Crystal Reports only can connect to the ERP system tables directly. universe designer can not.

you still can use universe designer to create universes on top of BW queries or cubes.

good luck

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My SAP R3 is based on MS SQL Server, can not i use MS SQL Server driver to communicate SAP Tables and get the data? In universe designer, we have SQL Server driver and it should be communicating with SQL Server DB tables right ?

Regards,

Suresh

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you just resurrected a really old thread!

Yes, you can use universe drivers to read tables in an sql server. What you won't get is the R/3 application's abstraction, so any native structures won't be available (infosets for example)

With BI4.0 FeaturePack03 (Q1 2012) you will get EC6 drivers in the Information Designer Tool, to publish .UNX universes for client tool consumption.

Regards,

Henry

Answers (0)