cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the forms/data that are "in process" stored

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - Say a form has 3 steps, each requiring an approval and or additional data. When the form is in "in process" status, where is the form/data stored? I guess what I'm asking is where is the Process Object stored until it is complete? Can it be accessed/checked with any tools?

Thanks, Randy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhhhh ....so you are asing "where does the magic happen"? haha This is what makes HCM Processes and Forms leaps ahead of PCRs (this , and automated updates....and consistent interface...and standard workflow tasks...and....well, you get the idea haha).

So, this "magic" of the Process Object all happens via Case Managment. (t-code SCASE gets you a nice view of this "magic"). Via Case Mgmt, you can find what data and form state was available at EVERY part of a process....process itself (header), form scenarios involved and form steps even. It's all pretty slick.

And this is an EXCELLENT tool for hunting down problems during development as well as support after the implementation as you can see everything that went on in the process. It's especially great when a user says something like "I entered XYZ but now my manager says they got the form for approval and it shows ABC". You can pull up EXACTLY what that user entered and the form and say "well, there it is...ABC.....sorry". haha

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...and you are right...it is a revelation and now it makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the insight,.