cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Adjustment Problem (Angeline)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All

I really appriciated last time you resolve my problem, I have one more problem... as i maintion before I have only 2 server DEV and QAS

In Dev system I create dummy Transport using SE09

After in QAS system try to import, but doesn't import unless I have to click Import Queue and Adjust, why I need to do that... is that problem or can I fix it..

My 2nd Question is :- When I create dummy transport in DEV, can I export to QAS or I have to login first in QAS and Import from DEV?

When I see import Overview thats show "X" sign (Screenshot blow)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38842895@N04/3573885314/sizes/o/

Thanks in Advanced

Angeline

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of moving you data file & co-file from dev to QA for every transport.

I would suggest you to setup you Transport route in the TMS & then you can either import the request manually after releasing from Dev or simply do it automatically after you release them from Dev.

Do let me know in case you need more help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have two transport directories? one for dev and one for qas, then this situation comes thats, first you need to manaully adjust the import queue which will import the data files and co-files from the dev transport directory to the qas tranport directory, now you can import the files.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, your first question might be clear to you now..

2. this also almost cleared in the explanation of the first one. When you create the dummy transport in DEV, you have to export it only from DEV. Then you have to login into QA and import that transpor in QA.

In other words, you are exporting the transport from the DEV system to the OS, so as it creates a datafile and cofile in trans directory. And, then , after logging into QA, using STMS_IMPORT, you are importing that transport from OS to QA system. Means, trans directory at OS is a shared directory and after releasing/exporting a transport from DEV system, OS files resides at this directory and those OS files are available for QA and PRD system to import into QA and PRD.

However, you can schedule automatic import into QA as shown in following doc

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c098e4be-baa5-2a10-fc88-aa2c83aa...

and remaining thing of 'x' sign, in the same screen , if you press the Refresh button in leftmost corner in the application bar, x symbol will be gone and you will see green sign against both of the systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to understand the concept first. When you release any transport from Dev system, this create one data file (/usr/sap/trans/data) and one co file (/usr/sap/trans/cofiles).

Now if there is problem in transpot configuration, automatic transfer of files from Dev to QA wont happen and that is why you have to do the adjustment (In backend system transfer the files from Dev and QA server)

Once these files are in QA server, you can import them.

So in short, release the transport from Dev system , Adjuest the queue in QA server and after that import the transport in QAS system.

If you want to avoid the adjustment, please delete the current config and reconfig the STMS again.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

wowowo!!! winderful

Thanks you very much for give me that informtion. I can try now and let you know

Thanks again