cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jco Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, i´m having a problem with the RFC Metadata of an aRFC,

i´m declaring both, the Metadata and Modeldata Destination Type as Application Data - Single Server Connection. I made a test and seems that everything is ok with both, but when I run my application, the following message comes out :

com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: 'WD_VARIANTES_RFC_METADATA_DEST' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'WD_VARIANTES_RFC_METADATA_DEST' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections)

then because of that, i try to declare de METADATA destination type as Dictionary Metadata - load balanced but when i test the destination, the following error is displayed.

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM  TYPE=B MSHOST=xxxxx GROUP=SPACE R3NAME=QAS MSSERV=sapmsQAS PCS=1 ERROR       service 'sapmsQAS' unknown TIME        Thu May 28 11:52:53 200 RELEASE     700 COMPONENT   NI (network interface) VERSION     38 RC          -3 MODULE      nixxhsl.cpp LINE        776 DETAIL      NiHsLGetServNo: service name cached as unknown COUNTER     1

I also have checked the Logon Group used in R/3, and its there, its the same, then the Technical System declared in SLD may have a wrong Message Port Server because I don´t know where to find it, I try the SM51 transaction to find it out but i didnt find it. The crazy thing is that the Modeldata tests and ping fine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

The message server port of the r/3 should be 36XX <XX is Instance No>.

Check if the sapmsQAS entry is present in the services file in the

<Windows Iinstall Dirtectory>\system32\drivers\etc folder of the SLD server.

Regards,

Kartikaye

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

changing "service" file in /system32/drivers/ makes the difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use this below FM to get the message server host name and port in R/3 and configure the same in SLD.

SLDAG_GET_MESSAGE_SERVER_INFO

Regards,

Charan