cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price by multiple unit of measure

Gina_Cowart
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to price in multiple units of measure for the same material number. For example material # 12345

1 Box = $500

1 Ea = $1.50

1 Box = 500 ea

Customer orders 501 each of material 12345 on one line item of the sales order. Requirement is to price at $501.50 not $501.00

I have tried to use condition supplements without success. Does anyone have suggestions without using pricing requirements or forumals of how this requirement can be met?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jona

Try using two condition type one with the Acess sequence and other with out access seqence and the second should fetch the price from the first one as the calculation in the Pricing procedure From To columns

Hops this will solve the Issue

Rajesh

former_member1042016
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a simple solution. kindly let me know if it did help. you can create a Access sequence for pricing condition type and maintain prices for such materials as per the Sales unit. If the Sales unit in the sales order would be Box it picks up the price accordingly. I did apply the same when I faced such a situation with a success. In case of queries, let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the condition type PR02. This seems to be interval pricing.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, atul and friends.

i think interval pricing alone may not be enough, but definitely it could be part of the solution. (ms. gina, please confirm if i understood the requirement correctly)

let's say the customer orders 999 units, which will translate to 1 box and 499 loose units. the pricing will be something like:

$1 per unit times 999 units = $999.00

$0.10 per unit times 499 units loose = $49.90

total should be $ $1048.90

however, if order is 1000 units, pricing will be:

$500 time 2 boxes = $1000.00

so, the "surcharge" of $0.10 applies only to the loose units. but in the order, the quantity is entered either in boxes or units. the challenge is to create condition records that recognize this packing/grouping option. interval pricing must be supported by a feature that can recognize capacity.

regards!

Edited by: jonathan y on Jun 4, 2009 2:14 PM

Edited by: jonathan y on Jun 4, 2009 2:15 PM

Gina_Cowart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

Your understanding is correct. I will review all of the suggestions below and see if I can get any of them to work. The more I look at this issue the more I think I will need a pricing requirement.

Thanks to all for your advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gina,

try using scale type A which is Base scale. scale basis can be quantity.

Regards

Gopal

Gina_Cowart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Gopal for your response. I do not believe this will work as they always want a box quantity to be $500 and any quanitites over a box $1.10. 1 Box = 500 Ea. So if customer orders 1,001 each. Price shold be $1001.10. I think with scale anything over the first box will receive the each price. Right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry!!!! will re-work my suggestion!!!

Edited by: jonathan y on Jun 4, 2009 11:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, again.

i think i understand your requirement. if there is any "loose" unit, then sort of a surcharge of $0.10 per unit is levied.

this reminds me of a pallet surcharge... although in a different way as this is not a header condition but a line condition.

i would approach this with the box as a handling unit (much like a pallet)... will work on this and get back as soon as i can.

regards!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gina,

try using scale type A which is Base scale. scale basis can be quantity.

Regards

Gopal