cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHAR's value in the query but not in the report??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I loaded master data and crm transaction data from ODS to Cube. The data is in the cube but there is no value in my report when running it. EX: there are some CHARs in my report, I checked those CHARs have value in the query but it shows 'not assign' in my report when I run it. What happen?

Thanks.

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Do you have any aggregates on that cube? If so check whether you have rolled the data in to it.

Shylaja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is SUPER URGENT (need to fix tonight).

Those are nevigation attributes and checked master data for those and they are in the cube; ex: i check the data content in cube and I can see those values when I hit the icorn for available values.

Thanks.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Can you explain for that?

Thanks.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in tcode rsa1,go to menu tools and click on option 'apply Hierarchy/Attribute change'.

In the new screen that appears..

click on infoobject list and highlight all the infoobjects.

click on the hierarchy list and highlight all the objects.

Then click on selection and give selection as 'immediate start'.

Then click on execute.In the above window u will see message like 'hierarchy/attribute change run is running'.

Keep clicking refresh button and it will be finished after some time.

Also u can click the 'monitor' symbol to see for which infoobjects this activity is occuring.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishvesh,

Can you let me know why I need to do this? Thank you.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for all input. I would like to describe my cube and get some help. This is very urgent.

I made some attributes as nevigation attributes of CHARs for my report; ex: some attributes from 0material are nevigation attributes and 0material can be extrived from 0product and 0product is a CHAR in my cube. Thanks.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see below text and also the sent link..

If a navigation attribute is used in an aggregate, this aggregate has to be adjusted using a change run as soon as new values are loaded for the navigation attribute (when master data for the characteristic belonging to the navigation attribute is loaded.) This change run is usually one of the processes that are critical to the system performance of a production BW system. This is why, by avoiding using navigation attributes or not using navigation attributes in aggregates, you can improve the performance of this process. On the other hand, not using navigation attributes in aggregates can lead to poor query response times. The data modeler needs to find the right balance.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b2/e50138fede083de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishvesh,

1)I saw there are 4 CHARs in the list; does it mean that those are needed to be run a change?

2) if this not a problem and I run a change, will it cause any serious issue for the system (I'm working in BW dev)

3) it didn't allow me to use 'immediately start' and asked me click on the 'period job'. Any advice?

Thank you so much for helping

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

1.Just doing change run might nt be solving your issue.

2.Even if u do a changerun its shud nt be an issue.

3.It shud allow you to do immediate start also.check it once gain .

i feel there might be other reason for data nt showing up in the report

-Doodle

Message was edited by: Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.Run the change run for all 4 characteristics.

Change run is an integral part of the system maintenance.No serious issues of you run it.

You mean it does not allow you to save after you click on 'Immediate start'?

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Yes, it didn't do anything and asked me to click on 'period job'.

J.

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi John,

make sure you didn't tick the 'periodic job' checkbox.

after this you need to schedule it periodic or

include this change run in process chain.

you can schedule it daily and after all master data extracted.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

AHP,

I did this change run and something interesting happened. In this change run, I only selected 0material but I found that 0cutomer is changed not 0material (they both in the IO change list). Why?

Thanks

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

AHP,

One more thing, how can i check if I didnot 'period jbo'. Thaks.

J.

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi John,

check again the list, 0material still there ?

if so, perhaps you misclick.

to check if periodic job checked or not, when you click 'selection' button, next screen 'start time', after you click 'immediate' or 'date time', will appear 'periodic job' and checkbox.

hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JOhn,

Do you have any restrictions,filters ?

What are the chars and kfs in the query?

What do u mean by 'Not assign' which u mentioned ?

Could you pls elaborate ?

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doodle,

When I ran the query, those nevigation attributes have values like 01,02 ,03 but in the report I only see 'not assign'.

Thanks,

J.

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi John,

try to set 'properties' of that characteristic in query designer with 'display key and text'.

and make sure you have upload the master TEXT of that characteristic. and if it's attribute of other characteristic, make sure you have performed change run, rsa1->tools->hierarchy/attribute change run.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Those CHARs are nevigation attributes in the cube.

AHP, can you explain "performed change run, rsa1->tools->hierarchy/attribute change run"?

Thanks.

J.