Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Account Workflow in CUP - Doesn't pick up existing values for an Acc

former_member325725
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When using the change account option available in the CUP(5.3 SP 7), I expected the system to populate the user details as they exist in the provisioning system once I enter the account details that need a change. We have the 'Search' and 'User Details' Data source configured to the same SAP R/3 system.

For eg, when requesting for a new account, I've chosen an Employee Type attribute as 'Non-Employee' (SAP delivered request attribute) and entered some values for my custom attributes .

And when I chose to change the same user account, I notice that the system doesn't pick up the existing values for any of the attributes and render them. For the Employee Type attribute, it shows the default value and for the custom fields, they are shown blank!!!!

It does seem like the user attribute values from R/3 are being picked up and displayed correctly, but the ones from GRC Database are left out.

I believe this to be a bug and does anyone experienced this issue and found a fix????

Thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

This is not a bug. After creating new account for this user, did you login to SAP system and check that you can see if employee type and custom fields are provisioned or not? If they are not properly associated with this user account in SU01 then CUP/AE can not populate it when you try to change account?

Do you have the exact same employee types configured in CUP/AE and SAP system? Have you don field mapping for custom field so it gets populated in SAP backend database?

You need to make numerous settings and check for this to work.

Regards,

Alpesh

former_member325725
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Thanks for your response.

This brings up a basic question on the repository for saving user attribs...ie. does all these need to be saved on R/3? Assuming yes depending on our current configuration(We have the 'Search' and 'User Details' Data source configured to the same SAP R/3 system), do we have a standard field for saving the 'Employee Type' attrib in SAP?. I did perform a field mapping of a custom attirb to one of the SAP fields in the user master, and get it saved during user provisioning. But it doesn't pick it up from there when I perform a change account. Seems it's missing that reverse mapping. And I've chosen the 'Field Type' of the custom filed to Text as to enable free text during new account request.

Hope you may find something more.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Anil, I did not get chance to look up the employee type field in SAP backend system as my SAP system is down. Yes, all of the attributes have to be saved in your data source. CUP/AE picks up values from the details data source. You can even map the employee type field using the provisioning field mapping.

When you define custom field, you can define it as dropdown and select data source as SAP. This way it can bring value from the particular SAP table. I don't know if this will work or not.

Regards,

Alpesh

former_member325725
Participant
0 Kudos

NP Alpesh...

I've also tested this out already and found unsuccessful. I re-configured the field to pick values from the back end when creating a new account. it does populate the values to be picked. But, when i raise another request to change the same account, it's still blank

I've now raised a ticket with SAP to check on this. I'll update the thread with the info i hear from them.

Regards, Anil

Answers (0)