cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Viewer shows blank but exporting shows results

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting a really strange issue when opening a report using the CrystalReportViewer class. The Crystal Report Viewer shows up nicely in my webpage....but the report is completely blank. When I click on the Export button in the Viewer & export to any format, the results show up nicely. Also when I right click on the Viewer page & view source, I can see all my report data there in Javascript....but for some reason it's just not being rendered on the page.

I'm using Crystal Reports 2008 & I believe I've added the necessary jars & also included the entire crystalreportviewers folder (with all js files) in my Web folder. Also, I don't see any exceptions in the crystal_exception_log_file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same problem to me also.

I was using the crystal report in visual studio 2008, the report was perfectly working. But when we migrated the project into visual studio 2010, the crystal report simply shows the blank report. But the javascript is having the actual data but not only rendered in the screen.

Please anybody have valid solution for this, let us know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also having the exact same problem - works fine on Windows 7 Development machine, but when run from Windows 2003 server, does not display the report when generated to HTML, however when exported to PDF, etc... works fine... No errors, just no report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue in my case was the aspnet_client folder. I needed to add it as a virtual directory in IIS on the server, then generate to HTML started working fine (although export to PDF broke at the same time.. still working on that).

My enviroment was Windows 2003 Service Pack 2, IIS6, Visual Studio 2010, Crystal Reports 2008.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Luke. That solves my problem.

Answers (0)