cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call a Webservice with SAML securty in PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to call a Webservice with SAML security from PI 7.0, Is It possible? or only It is possible with PI 7.1?

Thanks in advance,

Jose Manuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member307485
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Let me answer your questuion first :

No, using PI 7.0 I dont think its posible..

Below is a brief overview on SAML.

SAML: It stands for Security Assertion Markup Language, it is an XML standard which is used to exchange security information between a service provider and an identity provider.

Why we need it ???

We have a concept called Principal Propagation in PI 7.1, Principal Propagation allows to securely pass the identity of a user from a sender application to a receiver application. There are various adapters and protocols which support the Principal Propagation and one protocol amongst them is the Webservice Reliable Messaging Protocol or WS-RM. Principal Propagation solution for WS-RM protocol is based on SAML and uses the SAML assertions.

There are some video recordings available for configuration and you can view the same as below,

Configure a Trust Relationship between Sender and Integration Server: Exchange sender's digital certificate between sender and Integration Server.

Configure Trusted Issuer: Map user in the Integration Server, and specify issuer. Default issuer is the sender's system ID, default attester is the sender's certificate.

Configure Sender Agreement and Sender Communication Channel: In Integration Directory, select SAML Sender Vouches Assertion as authentication method.

Regards,

Divya

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Let me answer your questuion first :
No, using PI 7.0 I dont think its posible..

may be help thinks the other way round.....

check this similar discussion and also the help links given in it