cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EH&S requirements specific to India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have a requirement to implement sap EH&S only for the Indian scenario.

Normally EH&S is specific to US or Europe.

Does anybody aware of the exact EH&S requirements for India?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP EH&S is probably able to cope with any legislature on the world. There are already some customers in India and some other international companies operating in India, which use SAP EH&S.

It depends on your customizing and the data you use. There are content providers (like TechniData) who probably provide the data you need for your scenario.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI milmuk,

EH&S software is not designed specially for US or Europe. Globally the same standards (IS 14000 & OHSAS) using for environment, health &safety. Likewise SAP EH&S too.

Based on the business requirement, we can handle it with small modifications.

Thanks & regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not have any knowledge about specific requirements or regualatories for India.

But without any doubt Indian companies exporting goods will have to comply with international regulatories which are handled by SAP EH&S.

Some examples:

GHS: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globally_Harmonized_System]

REACh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registration,_Evaluation,_Authorisation_and_Restriction_of_Chemicals

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to elevate global image, several Indian companies are complying with EHS standards to widen their horizons and attract international players. To be in sync with the green policy of the western world, Indian companies seem to be proactive in adopting a number of green initiatives, including a proper EHS management system. EHS has become a critical area for the leading Indian pharmaceutical companies as more people are investing in it due to the numerous benefits such as safety and health of employees as well as a commitment to the environment. This also results in the enhancement of productivity. Apart from pharma industry, several other sectors like steel, cement, petrochemical complexes, fertiliser and infrastructure projects are also implementing EHS in India. Go through the useful link mentioned below...

[http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:nOaovn6v_uQJ:help.sap.com/bp_chem603/BBLibrary/Documentation/937_Scen_Overview_EN_IN.pptsapeh%26srequirementsin+india&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=in]

with regards,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Expers.

Here my client is using only product safety,glm and dg management (DG master).

They don't want to implement IHS,OH,reach,svt etc.

This is a chemical company located in free trade zone,so they need to comply with Indian regulations.

At this point we are not sure,which environmental ,transport and packing regulations apply (eg.cfr 49 for US).There could be reporting to indian agencies as well.

I don't see any data in Sap for EH&S implementation to these conditions.

I am even not aware of any other company implementing EH&S to indian regulations.

Some of my earlier US clients have plants in India,but they are not doign any configuration/changes for

the ndian condition.They are using it as it is.

Does this mean that we don't have to make any chnages in config, apart from changes in labels for indian plants and outputs? (I am not sure if the bill of lading/delivery outputs will be different for india)

Pls guide me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helllo Milmuk

SAP has developed BEST PRACTICES FOR INDIA. Under which Please check for EHS related scnearios. I understand those are not much different from other courntry templates. But definately they will give you some thing to start with.

http://help.sap.com/bp_chem603/Chem_IN/HTML/index.htm

Thanks and Regards

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Experts.

The sap website for best practices don't have anything specific to India.

What I am looking for are

1- The logistic regulations (eg CFR 49) specific to India

2- The output formats ( eg Bill of lading) specific to India.Will there be any change in outputs for India?

3- Language requirements (eg.do we need to prepare the msds in local languages like Hindi ?)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Milmuk

You can check Director General of Shipping, MInistry of Shipping and Road Transport and Highways In India. You will get relevant information on Transporation of Dangerous Goods. As far as Submission of documents in India are concenred its both National language and also English. I remember we used to prepare Environmental Documents in Hindi (Or Local languages) and English for submission.

Thanks and Regards

Jayakumar