cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payload in Alert Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends / Experts,

I have a requirement wherein we need to send the alert via email.

Subject / Message Body of the email need to contain the Payload - SalesOrder Number.

Is it possible to achieve this without the use of BPM?

Thanks in Advance

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi raghu,

I think it is not possible without BPM.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

raghu,

I think I might have misunderstood your requirement, I thought you wanted to trigger a custom alert to an email address using mail adapter.. In that situation there is no use of a Alert Container Variables.

pls exlain exactly what you are trying to achieve and also change the thread to a question.. mate :).

samuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

You can dynamically do this using a simple UDF.

refer [/people/samuel.chandrasekaran2/blog/2008/10/06/xi-mail-adapter-dynamically-building-attachment-and-message-body-content-using-a-simple-udf|/people/samuel.chandrasekaran2/blog/2008/10/06/xi-mail-adapter-dynamically-building-attachment-and-message-body-content-using-a-simple-udf]

Thanks,

Samuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samuel,

Thanks for the reply , mait!.

I need o ensure if the variables in containe of the alert catgory can refer to payload of the message?.

Raghu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I need o ensure if the variables in containe of the alert catgory can refer to payload of the message?

no you cannot refer to the payload using the existeing alert container variables....to know what each variable does check this section:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Did you forgot to mark this thread as Question??

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Is this a synchornous scenarion ?

You can trigger alert using UDF's

Call the FM- SALERT_CREATE after getting the SalesOrder Number from the response.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

This is Async scenario.

Moreover, when there is an issue with the communication channel failure, will the mapping based UDF - Alert work?.. i doubt?.

anyways, thanks for the response :).

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

I think you need BPM for dynamic text.

Check out this blog..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Hope this will help.

Nilesh