cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reprocess error SO output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Is there any way to reprocess a output that is in error in a Sales Order w/o creating a new one? I mean, if I select the 'Reprocess' option the system always creates a new one and the one in error is never disappearing from the SO.

Thanks!

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is a standard behavior. "Repeat Output" always creates a new line (it basically just copies the selected output line as a new entry). It is a regular practice to use "Repeat Output" to "reprocess" the failed entries.

We've never had to use "Change Output" and always kept the output records in error (red) for tracking purposes. Why do you necessarily need to get rid of them? And what output media are we talking about - printout, IDoc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are talking about a '8 Special Function'.

On the other hand, we need to 'clean' the error outputs because we would like to set up a batch job reprocessing all the error outputs and it seams that program RSNAST0F displays all the error outputs of one SO even if the SO has a successfully triggered output of that type.

E.g.: SO 10000 has 1 output in error.

What we would like to do is reprocess it via batch. The problem is that program RSNAST0F selects the error output and reprocesses it but, later on, when the program is relaunched via batch job, it will select again the same SO as it still has outputs in error!

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hm, if it's a "Special function" (I'm assuming your own ABAP creation) then maybe the output record (NAST) must be updated inside that function?

For instance, when we process a printout, the output line is first created with "yellow" status, then after the processing it turns "green". This update is actually done by the program that processes the output, not by the transaction or anything. So I would assume that each processing program has to clean up after itself.

As a last resort, you may have to consider updating the NAST records programmatically before the batch run or in it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

If you want to delete the Error output select that and delete it by clicking on the recycle bin Icon. You can only delete the unprocessed output here. Then you can add one more output.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Sales Order output screen and select the outtype and click on repeat output ,now the output will be in yellow color,.Now tick that again and click on communication method and now deselct the the print immediately option and remove the printer name and save the document. This should work.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that the 'Repeat output' and 'Change output' option create a new output. They don't change the existing one, they directly create a new one!

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Marc