cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Confirmation implementation in MAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a MAM( Mobile asset Management ) scenario where Administrator will create an order from backend. Now this order will be downloaded to the Mobile device where user will take reading and then he will notify backend for completing this order.

Now when i get this notification from mobile i need to call a BAPI which can technically confirm/Close this order in backend PM.

Could anyone please tell in step by step manner that how to implement this scenario,I am new to PM. Also is anything require in SPRO side.

Thanks

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I suppose you are talking about a confirmation data object incase of MAM,

You can have an "upload only" data object and when instance of this DO is uploaded from the client and reaches BE through DOE , the action for confirming an order is triggered.

Upload only dataobject will just have a create bapiwrapper and all the actions on creation of this confirmation from client need to be written in this create bapi wrapper.

Such confirmation object instances need to be sent only in the client->DOE direction as its a notification from client.Hence it can be modelled in 'Upload only' direction in workbench .

I guess MAM has this time confirmation and material confirmation DOs which is meant for something similar..

Regards,

Liji

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

In MAM there is a customization available which will close the Order automatically after final confirmations are done for all Order Operations. You do not need a BADI to do this.

1. Goto transaction: SPRO

2. Path: Plant Maintenance & Customer Service -> Maintenance & Service Processing -> Mobile Asset Management -> Determine Order Processing.

3. Now select your Order Profile. and select the Confirmation Profile from the Dialog Structure.

4. In teheTime Confirmation Section the first property is called 'Order Closing'. Here select the 'Automatic Completion after Final Confirmation Indicator'.

5. Save and exit.

This should do the job for you.

Regards,

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply but my requirement is a bit diffrent, I need to create a RFC whose import parameters will be

1. Order no

2. Flag for order completion

Now if in import parameter Flag for order completion is 'X' then i have to set imported Order no as complete in PM module using any BAPI.

So my question is that what all BAPIs i need to call in my RFC and also what are all the customizations is to be done in SPRO.

Thanks ,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On what conditions do you want to do this i.e. what action on the client should trigger this in the backend? There is no straight forward customization which will help you achieve this. The solution approach to this problem will depend on what is the precursor on the device which should result in the mentioned functionality.

Regards,

Dilip

http://www.indience.com

http://www.indience.com/index.php/products/mobile-asset-management.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You mentioned "where user will take reading and then he will notify backend for completing this order".

what exactly is this notification from client .

Most likely , this should be another data object instance or notification uploaded from the device.

The RFC you mentioned(importing order no and completion status) could be the bapiwrapper (create OR modify) for this uploaded dataobject where you take the necessary action like completing that order.

It is all based on assumptions still:)

Regards,

Liji

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

What is not clear is that from where are you planning to call the RFC (with two importing parameters) that you intend to create. Is it from the CRETAE / MODIFY BAPI wrapper of Notification DO? On what basis the calling program/FM will set the Order Completion flag to X - based on notification type?

Sorry, your original question still remains un-answered though - about RFCs that could be called to complete an order!

Best Regards,

Kranti

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I found this BAPI: BAPI_ISUSMORDER_SETSTATUSTECHN - you may want to check if this could help.

Best Regards,

Kranti