Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changes on XI Prod system

former_member205101
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it good idea to create all the Business system in XI DEV and transport to XI-Prod (SLD transport) Bec we have 2 separate SLD for Dev and Prod, What is best practice ?

SAP recommends to keep single SLD(easy for maintenance and sync reason).

Is it best practice to edit ID part in XI-prod (like condition - sremote user in Interface determination)

or create the same condition (ID) in XI dev and do transport to prod?

Input reg. on changes which we can do in XI Prod are appreciated.

Thanks

Praba

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member205101
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

In Prod system, one Comm channel exists (created manually in prod itself).

if I create same Comm channel in XI DEV with same name for the same service(ie for same business system) and to do the transport to Prod, will it overwrite?

Input reg. this will be appreciated.

former_member205101
Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It will.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prabhakaran,

Here we go...

Is it good idea to create all the Business system in XI DEV and transport to XI-Prod (SLD transport) Bec we have 2 separate SLD for Dev and Prod, What is best practice ?

Yes. Its always good to create Business Systems / Services in DEV system and then transport them to PRD system. Less / No risk with this approach.

SAP recommends to keep single SLD(easy for maintenance and sync reason).

Even though you can maintain one SLD for DEV/QA/PRD system its better to have one separate SLD for DEV / QA and one for PRD system.

Is it best practice to edit ID part in XI-prod (like condition - sremote user in Interface determination)

or create the same condition (ID) in XI dev and do transport to prod?

Both approaches are okay. But anything apart from receivers / communication channels, according to my opinion its better to do the changes in DEV and transport them to PRD. Less chances of mistakes.

Hope this will hope.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Edited by: Nilesh Kshirsagar on May 28, 2009 11:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Nilesh's remark.

- It is always good practice to keep production SLD separate to avoid any accidental changes by developers.

- Regarding editing of ID part in prodcution system, transport everything from development/QA system and change only communication channel settings like URL/host/username/password etc(coz they are not transported). Do not change conditions on production system.

Regards,

Gourav Khare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabaharan,

Please do let me know the XI/PI version?

Regds,

Mat.

former_member205101
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mathan,

PI 7.0 SP14

I meant Is it best practice to edit ID part in XI-prod (like condition - sremote user in receiver determination).

Thanks

Praba

Edited by: Prabaharan Rangasamy on May 28, 2009 5:06 PM