cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SARA Statistics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to All,

We are conducting archiving for SAP R/3 4.7 on MS SQL. We would like to understand the statistics provided by the SARA transaction. I have gone through the online documentation and the explanations stated there are confusing. Please don't add links like this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/6a/83bf3ab169cb17e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Particularly we would like to understand the following columns and their relation:

Disk Space

DB Space (Write) and

DB Space (Delete)

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

Hopefully - this will answer your questions:

Particularly we would like to understand the following columns and their relation:

Disk Space

DB Space (Write) and

DB Space (Delete)

Disk Space - this represents the space of the archive files that were written. For example, if within your customizing settings, you set the maximum size of the file to be 100 MB, and the following files were created:

file 1 100 MB

file 2 25 MB

The Disk Space would be 125 MB's

DB Space (Write) - this represents the amount of space that was used by the data that was written out to the archive files.

DB Space (Delete) - this represents the amount of space that was freed up when the archive delete jobs were run. This space is now "usable". The table size would not change unless you also do a re-org.

These fields correspond to the information that gets written out in the spoolfile of the archive job.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

Thanks for your answer. On the other hand, if we perform archiving and it is successful, what is the column we should look for real freed up space?

Thanks for you help.

Luis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What archiving are you talking of IDOC , XI Messages ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can check free space by going space stats of corresponding tables in DB02. and Transaction DB15 enables you to determine which archiving objects archive the data records from a specific table, or enables you to display all of the tables for a specific archiving object. You can also call various statistics for the amount of used database space.

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

'On the other hand, if we perform archiving and it is successful, what is the column we should look for real freed up space?'

You should look for the column DB Space (Delete) for the freed up space. But... for some objects the statistics may not reflect the real savings, please refer to SAP note 921206 for more details.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

We are talking about application data: e.g. PM_ORDER, SD_VBRK ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Could you please let me know how to look for the free space using DB02 and particularly as a result of the archiving. I used DB15 to get the tables associated to the archiving object and then went to DB02, executed detailed analysis, entered the name of one of the tables and then what else?

How could we establish the effect of the archiving using transaction DB02 ?

Thank you so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

As you mentioned and as documentation mentions, DB Space (deleted) is the freed up space after the archive. Why this number is not the same as Disk Space. Is it because the data is compressed?

Thanks.

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse me.

When I archive, I freed up the space.

But if I don't reorganize, is the space reused?

thanks.

Mario

Answers (0)