cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages on Holding at Message Monitoring under Runtime Workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

we have currently the problem that a lot of messages for some interfaces are in status Holding under Message Monitoring at Runtime Workbench for PI 7.1.

I'm not able to resend the messages with status Holding as well as change status to cancel.

Quality of Service for the Interfaces are Exactly Once in Order.

I assume an error message blocks the queue and due to the fact we have Exactly Once in Order configured all following messages be in status Holding.

Is my assumption right?

But, I am not abel to find any messages in status error with blocks the queue!

How can I solve that issue?

Many thanks in advance!

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I assume an error message blocks the queue and due to the fact we have Exactly Once in Order 
configured all following messages be in status Holding.

AE should have least number of EOIO messages at a given instance...otherwise Holding is what you get.....and holding is common with EOIO....so see if you can chagne the QoS of some messages to EO

But, I am not abel to find any messages in status error with blocks the queue!

Never you will get an error in SXMB_MONI....or the queue blocked....

When your message goes out of IE...the corresposding message entry is marked with chequered flag...observe in MONI you will see this....however in AE the message can fail if not able to send to the target system....

For some more understanding refer my answer in this thread:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek!

Many thanks for support!

At Runtime Workbench under Message Monitoring with selection Component "Integration Engine" and "Database (Overview) I was able to identify messages which blocks the whole queue.

Quality of Service "Exactly Once in Order".

After canceling the first one I was able to reprocess all blocked messages.

Regards,

Jochen

Answers (0)