cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems on Installing SolMan 7 on Win2k3 x64.... Instance Starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone.

I'm pretty new in SAP Installations, just finished the ADM 110 (ECC 6.0 Installation).

Now going on to test it in in a VM under Win2k3 x64 with MaxDB.

I think I did everything needed to install the SolMan.

We already have a R/3 System here, but not using any of it. I have a clean installation of Windows and first thing i wanted to do, is to install the SolMan.

Now it's hanging on Phase 31 of 51 reporting that it cannot start the Instance (here, its B01).

Here a preview of the sapinst_dev.log:

__________Snip_______________

Instance B01/DVEBMGS00 reached state SHUTDOWN after having state STARTING. Giving up.

__________Snip_______________

My Sap Management Console says it is started, only the Dispatcher takes a while to connect to the Message-Server, but after a few seconds, everything seems to be fine.

I tried to restart the machine, restart the installation (continue) but still nothing.

I hope I provided enough info, so someone can help me.

Greetings.

Jan Selucky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Selucky,

Looks like you are having trouble with your virtual memory settings. In your VM make sure you have set your virtual memory (Swap memory) correctly. SAP recommeds 1 times RAM plus 8 GB for your virtual memory settings. For ex: if you are having 4GB of RAM in your windows virtual machine you need to set your virtual memory setting to 12GB.

Make the corrections if you havent doen this and restart the installation.

Revert back incase you need more help.

Sheril aka Param

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sheril aka Param.

Thank you very much for your help. I have just tried out what you said and it actually works.

Thanks again.

Greetings.

Jan Selucky

Answers (0)