cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill of Lading and Delivery Note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

Please let me know the the difference between Delivery Note and Bill of Lading.

Also, provide me the respective message type to be used in interfacing technique.

If you can take an end-to-end example which can describe both, will be great help.

Regards,

Sonal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Sonal,

Let me first tell u the defn of both in simple words :

Bill of lading or BOL : It is one of the transportation documents in shipping.

Example : Say your company wants to send some goods from Mumbai to Pune. and your shipping partner for this is say DTDC. Now in this case the shipper will issue Bill of lading to the delievring org i.e your company after veryfying the goods. Now your company has to send the BOL to the customer. In turn customer will produce this BOL to shipper to claim the goods . This is like a Waybill or say token or pass in simple word.

In SAP, BOL is enabled by means of some standard output types like CMR1, CMR2, BOL1 etc.

we can also capture EDI output types like ALTR which can be used to transmit the BOL to other systems.

Delievry Note: It is basically the output type generated during the delivery creation. It can be used to provide the details of goods sent during the delivery creation.

again if we will carry same example Its just like information,send to customer that,we have delivered material to you..

Hope it will help.

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

HI,

Bill of Lading: Identifies the number of the bill of lading with which the goods are to be transported.

Delivery Note: A delivery note item is a single element in the delivery note that contains information about the goods to be delivered or the services to be rendered. A delivery note may contain one or more delivery note items.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.