Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to press BACK in the browser from abap webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

My problem is:

- We use several webdynpros. They use the same login screen.

- I have made an ABAP webdynpro for forgotten password (link from the login screen) that sends a new password to the user by email.

- I want a "Go back and log in again with you new password" link or button in the forgotten password webdynpro. How can I do that? I can make a link to one of the webdynpros, but I don't know which webdynpro they wanted to log on when they could not remember their password.

It works if I choose the drop down history box in Internet Explorer and choose not the previous page, but the one before that. But when I say javascript:history.back(-2) in the link from the forgotten password webdynpro, I get a short dump telling me that the link is not safe. I have tried to debug to get around this message, but then Internet Explorer opens a new window when I press the "go back" link, and in the new window, there is no previous pages in the history, so it does not work.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get this to work?

Best regards,

Marianne Evang.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evang,

I am looking for help for creating an ABAP webdynpro for forgotten password (link from the login screen) that sends a new password to the user by email.

Can you please share your logic/program.

Thanks In Advance

Jabi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marianne,

where is your login screen located? Is it in a separate WDA? If so, I guess this "login" WDA must "know" where the call to the login screen came from (eg. which other WDA issued the call to the login screen), and, if so, it should be possible to store this value somewhere by the calling WDA (custom table, cookie, SAP user memory...)? Then, the "login" WDA would only have to check if such a stored value exists for the user in question, and re-route to the correct app, then clear the value afterwards?

Regards,

Trond

bryan_cain
Contributor
0 Kudos

You could set up the calling WD name as a parameter. Then pass that name to the reset password app. Then you should be able to dynamically build the URL for the calling application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank you for your answer.

But no, I cannot do that. Because it is the same login screen for all the webdynpros, and the "Password Forgotten" link is a standard link that can be customized with an address. This is done for the service "webdynpro" in transaction SICF. I don't know how I can have different forgotten password links depending on which webdynpro the user is trying to log into. Anyone knows?

Best regards,

Marianne Evang.