cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIFF Problem with Office 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a problem since our migration to Microsoft Office 2007.

This problem occurs when an user try to view a .tiff invoice (ArchiveLink Image).

Within Office 2003 --> No problem, this Image opened normally with tiff extension.

Within Office 2007 --> No .tiff extension, user are forced to save image and add an extension.

We have tested with saplong 640 and 710, office 2007 professional plus and Office 2007 Standard Edition --> same problem,

Someone have a solution please ?

Thanks,

Jérémy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jérémy,

please read these two notes 1237688, 1739026. I hope these will help.

Best regards,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We had the same problem and we uninstalled and reinstalled IE and it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

TIFF and TIF are correctly associated. The archivelink image are no extension when user try to download it 😕

Regard,

Jérémy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Was a solution to this porblem ever found?

I have the exact same problem now. Havin just gone from Office 2003 to Office 2007 at work, the TIFF-file extentions has been removed, and users have to save the file on their desktop, rename it with the .tiff file extention and then open it.

If a solution has been found i would very much like to hear more about it

Best regards

Niklas

0 Kudos

Hello,

If the file associations are correct, make sure you have Microsoft Office Document Imaging installed.

We encountered the same issue when deploying MS Office 2007.

0 Kudos

Hello,

We had a similar issue where we could not view archive link image files using the .TIFF file extension after MS Office 2007 installations, but could using MS Office 2003. But in our case, our users did not have to add the.TIFF file extension to view the files. We resolved our issue by modifying our Office 2007 installations to include the Microsoft Office Document Imaging which will associate the .tiff file extension. You can also manually associate using menu path tools>>Folder Options>>File Types Tab. This also can be accomplished by a registry file change which of course is more risky.