cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Implement UNSPSC codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are looking to implement UNSPSC codes for our materials. Is it best practice to use field material group in ECC5.0 for this? This will interface to the product category in SRM which seems ok. How will this interface to Business Warehouse? Will it be possible in Business Warehouse to report on the various segments of the code (segment, family, class)?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

The scenario you're describing is standard. In my opinion, this should be the direction for all new implementations that are not burdened by the legacy commodity classifications. So you're good to go.

Some more info on BI-SRM integration:

[Spend Analysis|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/48/3264b4f0fc58d7e10000000a421937/frameset.htm]

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. We did something very similar with SRM 4 and 5 at one of my previous clients.

We used material groups that closely matched the UNSPSC codes and it was possible in BW to report on the different segments.

I am not 100% sure how they did it, but I think the BW team had to build tables into BW so it knew what each bit of the material group meant. Then the reports had to be adapted to read in this way.

In SRM we simply loaded all the material groups as config into ECC and replicated via middleware.

Without adapting anything you can always run reports using wildcards though, for example entering material group 20* will show you everything below that, in the same way as selecting 20 would if you had the segments loaded into BW.

Regards,

Dave.