cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to vendor through inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem while returning the material through inspection lot created through transfer posting.The problem is like i have received material qty 1000 & i did the partial GRs of qty 200,500 & 300 & also done the quality check & accept it.

After this while using that material on production line found some problem in material then we did transfer posting from unrestricted to quality which result in inspection lot of origin 08.Now when we are trying to return the qty through inspection lot by giving the PO reference system is only allowing me to return qty 200(which is the qty equal to the first GR) & giving the error message number M7 021 Deficit of PU GR quantity XXX EA : <material number> <plant><st.loc> while trying to return more than 200 qty.

If any of you have come across this problem & has any solution for it ,please help.

Cheers,

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Tushar

As per my understanding ...

You have cleared Inspection lot of 1000 Nos.

Now You have reveresed the quantity by 08 with reference to PO.

When you are sending back the Quantity 1000 it is only considering the 200 Nos.

It is SAP default that you can send only 200 qnty as with reference to that PO you have revesed 200 only.

You have to either reverse all Qty(1000 nos)

or

do 122 mvt from unrestricted by MIGO.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for reply.

I dont know why SAP program is written in this way as i have received 1000 against one PO so it should consider to return 1000 against the same PO.

I also got the reply from SAP that the program is written in this way to consider only first material document of GR while doing 122 through inspection lot but just tried that might be you all have any other solution.

I am closing the thread now.Thanks once again.

Cheers,

Tushar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to ensure..

check material master setting for that problemated material

inspection lot creation for each GR or PO item (material/batch /storage location)

because if your setting one insp. lot for each PO item qty-- then system will create inspection lot for first GR qty.

and ensure the qty which is available in that particular plant/storage location combination as QI stock.

if the QI stock is 100 but ur trying to post 200 then it might be an issue

What is the mvt.type used for this --- is't 122?

one more check if you didn't enter the PO reference --did u get the same message? or not

check these and come back

thanks

Sami

Edited by: sami sami on May 28, 2009 6:50 PM

Edited by: sami sami on May 28, 2009 6:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

Thanks for reply.

But the problem is not lot creation or stock, problem is while returning material to vendor through inspection lot against purchase order refererence system is allowing just qty equal to the first GR document qty(of the reference PO) not more then that but logically it should allow to return qty equal to the total GR (received thru mvt type 101 )qty.

Without PO reference you cant return material thru 08 inspection lot.

Hope it clears the problem.

Cheers,

Tushar