cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus Scanning With SAP E-Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the process of configuring virus scanning in our E-Sourcing implementation. So far, I have found the following properties:

system.avscanner.enabled

system.avscanner.hostname

system.avscanner.policy

system.avscanner.port

Are these all the settings that need to be configured for the virus scanning interface to work? The only documentation I have found thus far is in the 'Supported Platforms' PDF, and that only mentions that virus scanning can be configured. Is there another document that describes the Anti-Virus configuration and operation as it relates to E-Sourcing? I have done keyword searches through all the PDFs located in the docs directory and have come up with nothing of substance.

Any help or information from past experience with the issue is appreciated. Thanks!

Derek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Derek,

I have not seen any additional information on the implementing the virus scanning. Only notes I have came from an email which said:

Service that lives on a remote server and scans uploaded attachments prior to allowing them to be written to disk, inserted into database. Symantec AntiVirus ScanEngine: http://www.symantec.com/business/products/overview.jsp?pcid=2251&pvid=836_1

There are system properties to configure this service within the application:

system.avscanner.hostname

system.avscanner.port

system.avscanner.policy (SCAN_ONLY|SCAN_REPAIR)

system.avscanner.enabled (TRUE|FALSE)

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James. I found SAP Note 995441 while searching, but it doesn't include a lot more information. Another question I have regarding the Virus Scanning: Do I have to have the scanning configured for the Netweaver J2EE stack too? Or do I only have to have it configured in E-Sourcing without regard to what E-Sourcing is running on?

Thanks for any help!

Derek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pawan_amarnani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

On which Server virus scan engine should be enabled, i have E-Sourcing on Linux and Word service installed on Windows 2008?

Please help.

Thanks,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The anti-virus feature appears to require the 'Native' Symantec Scan Engine (defaulted to running off port 7777). When trying the ICAP scanning the application did not communicate properly with Symantec.

On another note, the Anti-virus feature is independent of any virus scanning that is configured for the Java Netweaver stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does it works with Mcfee anti virus scan also?

if yes which is default port used? also do we need to do some other settings apart from these stated above!

Regards,

Yatindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yatinda,

There is no documentation I could find about support for anything other than the Symantec Scan Engine. Having said that, I think that likely any engine that support HTTP file scanning may work, but would likely require some workarounds.

The default port would be the port used by the HTTP scan engine host. In the case of the Symantec Scan Engine, the default is Port 7777 for "Native" (HTTP) operation. The E-Sourcing property is defaulted to 7777.

The settings above are the only ones that need configured for Symantec Scan Engine. Hope my answer helps,

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Derek,

I have tried this with Mcfee antivirus on port 80 for http, but document doesn't get uploaded into system.

I have also tried port 8443 and 7777 but same result.

Regards,

Yatindra

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Derek,

I do not have a direct expertise on Netweaver but I asked a collegue who has this expertise. E-Sourcing is only scanning the attachements coming into the system. Netweaver needs to be set up regardless of what is running on E-Sourcing. Sorry I can not provide more information.

Regards,

James