cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required on date to null value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai SRM gurus,

My requirement is to make the delivery date to null value i.e user has to enter the date manually. i wrote a code in BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI. so that when i click 'shop' and start creating shopping cart in 1st step it displays the default current date in delivery date. when i click add to shopping cart and goto 2 nd step the date is set to null value now. Now when i enter the date and click continue to 3rd step again the date is set to null value. This BADI is triggering often whatever action i perform in Shopping cart. am i coding in the write badi? or do u have any solution for this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Your requirement can be met in another (easier) way:

1. Let the system put the current date in the Shopping Cart - this is standard behaviour.

2. The user has to complete the Shopping Cart, including all the delivery dates.

3. Code a custom check via BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI - if the delivery date for an item is the current date (it means the user forgot to maintain it), issue an error message: "Item n: Please specify the correct delivery date."

This way, you don't have to do anything in BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI, which is a good thing if you ask me.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

But how would this ensure that the date is set to null???...The user might change the date to any other value(other then the current date).

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

The way I understand it, the main business requirement is for the user to enter/change each date manually. Setting the date to null is just one of the ways to achieve this requirement, not the requirement in itself.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls refer the foll thread for making changes to the delivery date for various cases:

BR,

Deepti