Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Related Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

I am new to SAP.

Can some body explain me the concept of resource related billing?

Am aiming to understand it on my own.

Please suggest why we use resource related billing, DIP profile, Results Analysis and what is relation between these?

if any body could provide some notes or study materials like pdf etc, APART FROM THE SAP HELP LIBRARY it would be great help.

Thanks in advance

Regards.

M@Q.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Resource related billing is used when some resources are continously used ina place and the billing happens at regular intervals for that resource.

This comes in use in shared resources by the consumers in industries like power consumption where some of the resources are owned by company but used by the consumers. For these resources a monthly rent is paid (latest ex is the cell phone in CDMA connection)

In this case, there will be one sales order for some relevant period with the billing plan as resource related billing. Then everymonth, based on this sales order a request for debit memo will be created (Debit memo request) in DP90. For this the DIP profile is used. Once the DMR is created, the resource related invoice is created.

You can refer to the OSS notes 301117 which also has got a PDF document as attachment. Read this attachment (approx 90 pages ) and you will clearly understand the concept of RRB and DIP profile.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is this OSS notes 301117

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

OSS, means Online Service System, which means, whatever the related issue can raise to SAP, the experts will rpovide the answer, that will called a Note.

hope u understand.