Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing standard SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to enterprise portal.

I have an requirement to customize a standard SAP HCM portal according to my company needs.

I have to give some authorizations and for this i need to know about Authorization Object.

Sorry for the basic question ,but please could anyone tell me the basic concepts for this.

Thanks in advance.

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

An authorization object allows complex tests of an authorization for multiple conditions. Authorizations allow users to execute actions within the system. For an authorization check to be successful, all field values of the authorization object must be appropriately entered in the user master record.

Authorization objects are divided into classes for comprehensibility. An object class is a logical combination of authorization objects and corresponds, for example, to an application (financial accounting, human resources, and so on). The line of the authorization object class is highlighted in orange.

For information about editing the authorization values, double-click an authorization object.

The line of the authorization object is highlighted in green.

Please refer to following link for more information on security concept.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/52/671285439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm