cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

url generator for abap webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to tell to the webdynpro url generator service that the mime objects (gif,css) can be found at a different url. I'm taking about /sap/public/bc*.

The problem is that i have a webdispacher and 2 sap instalations behind. And i want to specify diferent url mapping in the webdistpacher something like:

/server1/sap/public/bc to /sap/public/bc from server 1

/server2/sap/public/bc to /sap/public/bc from server 2

I can to this in the webdispacher but i have to tell webdynpro that the mime objects can be found at /server1/sap/public/bc or /server2/sap/public/bc .

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the method "CONSTRUCT_WD_URL" OF class "CL_WD_UTILITIES".

use this method to construct the URL for MIME folder. if you want you can also concatenate the name of MIME folder at the end of URL.

Thanks,

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the exact same requirement. We have created an external alias for our web dynpro application (which works fine for everything related to the WD app itself) but all the mime objects are still being called using /sap/bc/...

Did you guys find any "configuration" way to have the web-dynpro framework generating urls that start differently than /sap/bc/... ?

Regards,

Renaud

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The path references that are generated by the runtime for loading of related objects should all be relative. They don't include the server name. I wouldn't recommend that you try to alter this rendering either. There are several places in the WD runtime where path references to other objects get generated - including in the rendering libraries of some of the UI elements themselves.

I have to admit that I didn't exactly understand your initial requirement. Do you want to force all applications to always use Mimes from a particular server or are you wanting to alter the path. You talk about changing the path but then in your example the before and after path seem to be the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thank you for your reply.

the idea is that behind a webdispatcher i have 2 backends with webdynpro app on both server.

All i want is when i access the a webdynpro app through web dispatcher to get his mime objects from the server where it runs...but becase in the webdispatcher i cna have only one redirect /sap/public/bc i want to create to entries in the webdispacther and afetr that an url alias on each server.

But for this i have to tell first to the webdynpro framework to get mime object from a different location.

For ITS this is possible with ~MIMEURL.

I will try solution suggested by Rahul.

Florin