cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to monitor the runtime status for deployed adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I use SAPGUI to monitor the runtime status of my deployed adapter? if yes, provide me steps.

When my JCA adapter received message from adapter engine, handled it successfully. now how can I let runtime workbench or sapgui realize that the message is handled successully in my jca adapter? is there any API I can use to notify the status to sapgui or workbench? or just log the status to see the status?

Thanks

Spring

Message was edited by: Spring Tang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Spring,

Yoy can monitor the runtime status of your deployed adapter in visual administrator.

In ur XI system go to

<installatiion drive >:\usr\sap\YDL\JC00\j2ee\admin\go.bat

you will require admin roles for this.

there in server>services>deployed. you can find your adapter adapter status.

You can also monitor the adapter in RWB--> Adapter monitoring.

Adapters are on java stack , so you wont be able to monitor them on Abap stack through SAPGUI.

Hope this helps,

yomesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I Monitor the message in SAPGUI? what is the difference between sapgui and runtime workbench?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Spring,

Yes you can definetely monitor messages in sapgui.

there is no difference in monitoring messages from sapgui(transaction- sxmb_moni) and rwb.

The only difference is that RWB gives you a additional facility of also monitoring messages from Adapter engine.

In sapgui you can only monitor the messages from Integration engine, but in RWB you cam monitor messages from integration server as well as adpter engine.RWB is a central monitoring tool,where in you can also monitor the status of different XI components

Former Member
0 Kudos

When my JCA adapter received message from adapter engine, handled it successfully. now how can I let runtime workbench or sapgui realize that the message is handled successully in my jca adapter? is there any API I can use to notify the status to sapgui or workbench? or just log the status to see the status?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>>>>>>>When my JCA adapter received message from adapter engine, handled it successfully. now how can I let runtime workbench or sapgui realize that the message is handled successully in my jca adapter?

You can see the status of your JCA adapter in RWB-->Component Monitoring.

then go to Adapter Engine.

then click on Adapter Monitoring.

There you can monitor all your Adapters which are deployed on this particular Adapter engine.If you double click on a particular adapter example JCA , it will give you the details of all the channels configured using that adapter.

There is no other way as per my knowledge to monitor adapters.

Hope this clears ur doubt

Yomesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos