cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1 there are 50 customer code -for which deletion flag must be set.

2 i also want to know by setting deletion flag to cust/material is there any possibility of saving memory space.

Pl suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unless until You archive the data , no space can be saved. Anyways If you want to archive the customer master data, You go to "SARA" and archive it.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1 can u tel me how archieving & deletion are different

2 pl explain the steps to be followed in sara for archieving

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to "SARA" and select the object "FI_ACCRECV"(Customer MASTER) And click on customizing. There you can specify diddferent option like Monitoring the data archiving etc... . "SARI" transaction enables you to create the Information system which enables you to configure archive retrieval . And in "SARA" itself you have different objects like data base tables where you can select the tables from which data has to be archived. Kindly please note that do not play with archiving unless until you have very good exposure to that. Its always better to take the help of a person who is experienced. Techincal guy with archiving experince would be able to help you more.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this by mass changing the customer master.

1. Go to MASS enter KNA1 as Object and execute.

2. Select General Data in Customer Master and goto Fields Tab.

3. Select Deletion Flag (KNA1-LOEVM) and execute.

4. Enter the customer codes of all the customers you need to put deletion flag for, and execute.

5. Select the check box in New Values, and select the "Carry out mass change" button.

6. Save the entire work done.

Go to XD02 and check the customer, message will be flashed "Customer XXXX is marked for deletion".

Revert if any doubts to be cleared.

Hope this will help you out.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPSD,

> 1 there are 50 customer code -for which deletion flag must be set.

The best way to use CATT process simple and fast. for updation of customer block.

> 2 i also want to know by setting deletion flag to cust/material is there any possibility of saving memory space.

I guess No.(though not sure 100%) but because the records will still be there. only the links to master records changes. so i think there wont be space saving by this.

If you want to mark customer for deletion the best way to Archive the data if the number is huge.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1 .pl explain the steps how exactly using catt this can be achieved

2 is deletion & archieving same or different

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 1 .pl explain the steps how exactly using catt this can be achieved

Please check this link for step by step CATT :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10f58cac-27cf-2910-ad93-e132621f...

> 2 is deletion & archieving same or different

No, Archiving of data is that function in SAP by which u extract data from SAP tables and put it in some local tables. Archived data u can access when u want.

Deletion may permanent.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use T'code XD06 and definitely it will occupy some space. Once you set the deletion flag that customer will not be used for the business process and it will be there in database.

kindly revert if you have any queries.

Regards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create LSMW for T Code XD06..............

It will not save your memory ....................

Thanks & Regards,

Ratish