cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use RFC message exception in Interface Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

during my BP scenario I want to use the content of a RFC exception given back by my RFC in a interface mapping.

Now I'm asking myself how to refer to a RFC exception as a source interface in an interface mapping (to use it in a message mapping was no problem).

Do I have to specify a special message interface for the RFC exception?

Thanks for any answer!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could create the interface, using the message type that you used while carrying out the mapping.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to do that but for the mapping I used the RFC message FUNCTION_MODULE.Exception as a source message and when I want to choose this type again in the interface mapping it is not offered. There you can only choose the general RFC function but not the specific exception.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Christina,

in the interface mapping surface there are flags "Request", "Response", "Fault". They are only available for sychronous interfaces, which have a defined fault message type and for RFCs, which have a defined exception. May be, you have to reload the changed RFC to repository?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

maybe I'm looking on the interface mapping in a wrong way but I can't find the flags

In the interface mapping there's only the possibility to choose the general RFC type out of the urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions namespace.

I guess the only possibility to access the exception of an RFC is to create an own message interface for it.

Right?

Regards,

Christina

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

Cant believe that. Of course you need another interface.

For example:

synchr outbound-interface (output-message, input-message, fault-message)

RFC is your inbound-interface in the interface mapping mapping. You should be able to choose Request, Response and Fault Type for the RFC.

if nothing helps, send me screenshots (if-mapping, the other interface, the RFC) to udo.martens@global-e-net.de

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christina,

Go through the below url's and configure your scenario according to your requirement:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

---Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo, Mohan,

thanks for your hints and tips.

I could not see the sections for Request, Response and Fault because I defined most of my message interfaces as abstract and asynchronous while I'm working on a BPM scenario.

No I set it up in another way and was aware of synchronous and asynchronous. So it helped!

Regards,

Christina