cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Category in Settlemement Cost Element in Allocation Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In standard SAP while setting up the receiver category in Allocation structure the option available is G/L. My scenario is I need to set up 2 different categories here i.e. G/L - P&L and G/L - B/S (i.e. Profit and Loss & Balance sheet). My client is using 2 different settlement cost elemnts for this and would like to report seperatley on amont credited from WBS to P&L and B/S for period end...

Is it possible to reconfigure this category as mentioned above ? What will be the consequences or any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarang,

I don't think that's possible, because the receiver category (G/L) is the key in allocation structure setting, hence it can't be used twice

Regards,

-K-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kealin. thats wat my intial perception is.

But can we modify the object type entries in SAP and maintain 2 entries as G/L - P&L and G/L -B/S ?

If yes wat are the consequences ?

Thks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

It is possible to assign these two different Allocation structures to 2 different settlement profiles. Would 2 different settlement profiles not suit your requirements ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to assign these two different Allocation structures to 2 different settlement profiles.

Is it possible for one project definition to have more than 1 settlement profile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think it is possible to assign 2 diff Allocation structures i.e. Settlement profiles at proj defn level.

However the approach i am thinking is of having 2 diff allocation structures for 2 diff proj types i.e. proj profiles one always setteling to G/L - P&L and other to G/L - BS. This will allow me to maintain 2 diff CE against the same category GL

Sarang

luis_rocha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

a clarification question...when you use the P&L account in the settlement, is it not also a cost element, and therefore, does it now also require a cost object, like a cost center?

Because, it seems that when you want to settle to the P&L you could probably use the receiver category cost center, for example and use then the cost element you want for P&L and then use the G/L receiver for tha balance sheet account.

best regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is having a Cost elemnt in background. But I will directly select the receiver category as G/L. Why shd I first use Cctr and then G/L ? Not clear...

Sarang

luis_rocha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was just wondering why you would want to specifically use a P&L account as a destination of a G/L settlement

I am used to use a G/L account a settlement destination, when you want to collect costs and move them to the balance sheet...so the GL/account that is the destination of the settlement is a balance sheet account.

The usage of a settlement to target a destination G/L account in the P&L area is what I do not see the underlying accounting reason for that.

If the G/Laccount is still a P&L account, then the costs will still be costs, and then, what I see is that the transactions is a shifting of costs between cost objects...then I would simply define a rule for the settlement for that receiver type...could be a cost center, an internal order...

Hope I made my thoughts clearer...

best regards,

Luis

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

It is possible to have 2 different settlement profiles . I have done it in a scenario through substitution based on certain pre-requisite (in our case for a different company code).

With regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered...

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered