cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Pointers for adapter development

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Can you point me some starting point, to write a adapter? We are using Adapter module to do SFTP(FTP over SSH) and trying to change it as a separete adapter.

Thank you

Ganges Leaves

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there's a sample adapter shipped with the XI

/people/gowtham.kuchipudi2/blog/2006/01/04/testing-sample-adapter

you can have a look at it

but you don't always need an adapter module

if you use it sor only a few interfaces you can do it much easier with a java proxy for instance

Regards,

michal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think XI supports from SP14 onwards.You can upgrade your server or write adapter module or use SFTP adapter in ABAP.Decision is yours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone has the way to write FTP adapter over SSH yet? We need it too. the way we are using now is to place the file and pull the file from our internal folder. But there is a requirement not to place any file in XI box. We then need to come up with the way to FTP file over directly from another platform, which is support only SSH not SSL. anyone can help us, please?? Develop own FTP adapter over SSH?? How??

Best regards,

Thida

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Did you manage to write the adaptor for SFTP/SSH?

We are facing the same problem and have solved it with Kornshell scripting. It would be nice to know if you have managed to solve the problem given the fact that XI has to logon to the target system with the proper user.

Thanks for your reply

Kind regards

Raf

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think a good starting point is the sample adapter, where you find all source code and a JavaDoc of the adapter API.

Check this Weblog for more details:

/people/gowtham.kuchipudi2/blog/2006/01/04/testing-sample-adapter

Regards

Stefan