cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open xml file in excel - default should be selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done an Application to Export the Table data to Excel . I have done it successfully.

But at the time of exporting the data to excel, it is prompting for the following options

How to Open Files in Excel

When you open an XML file in Excel, you are prompted to select one of the following methods to import the XML data:

As an XML list

As a read-only workbook

Use the XML Source task pane

I dont want to see these three options (by default First should be selected). How can i do this.

Thanks in Advance for ur replies.

Regards,

Malla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure how much this information helps to you. I am postiong this information to give you an idea.

If you are able to achive this please let me know.

As per my analysis it is not possible to hide these options.

Even if you crate one .xml file on your desktop and if you open with Microsoft Excel it will give these three options. You have to select one of the options.

I think WD Node data will be converted to xml and it will be opened through Microsoft Excel i guess.

There are specific reasons why Microsoft Excel ask to choose these options when we try to open an xml file in Excel.

As an XML list

An XML list is created in a new workbook.

The contents of the file are imported into the XML list. If the XML data file does not refer to a schema, then Microsoft Excel will infer the schema of the XML data file.

As a read-only workbook

The XML data file is opened as a read-only workbook. The structure of the file is flattened.

The schema of the XML data file is displayed in the XML Source task pane. You can then drag elements of the schema to the worksheet to map those elements to the worksheet.

If you are opening an XML data file that does not refer to a schema, then Excel will infer the schema of the XML data file.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using jxl api we can avoid these options.

Go through the below blog for the procedure:

/people/subramanian.venkateswaran2/blog/2006/08/16/exporting-table-data-to-ms-excel-sheetenhanced-web-dynpro-binary-cache

When we download the table data to excel using WebDynpro binary cache, At runtime first it converts the data into XML file and using this xml data the Excel sheet creates the schema.

Converting the runtime data to xml takes some time when there is huge data.

Along with this there is usability issue also. That is it opens a popup by showing the below options to the user while downloading:

As an XML list

As a read-only workbook

Regards,

Charan