cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error handling options for reprocesing multiple records?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I currently have the dilemma of whether to pass bulk records via the proxy processing to SAP in 1 message call, and get stuck with 1 message return log (where error records could be embedded) which reprocessing the selected errors will be challenging (payload manipulation)

Or call proxy each time for each record to generate a unique message GUID for ease of reprocessing (sacrificing system perfomance meanwhile)

Is there a best of both world scenario where i can pass bulk records for processing in 1 message call and still reprocess unique message GUIDS upon error?

please let me know if there are novice ideas available for reference. Any related advice is most appreciated.

regards,

vivian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivian,

no, there is no standard way. May be you can develop an own solution, but i wouldn't recommend that.

I don't think, that your performance decrease significant, if you call every record with one proxy call. Reprocessing requires asynchronity; XI channel has anyway a very good performance (no jump to java stack). And there are standard techniques, which reprocess your messages. I would go for that way.

Regards,

Udo