Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post goods issue for outbound delivery in previous month

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Pls help. Many thx.

Due to roll out, some stock need to be issued in previous month. It works fine except some deliveries. Those deliveries have been cancelled goods issue due to wrong posting date.

For e.g. the posting date in delivery should be April 1. Due to oversight, the date is entered as May 27. In VL09, the reverse date should be in May. Otherwise, the system disallows further.

Now, the problem comes up. When doing those deliveries again (even create new deliveries), the error message pops up "Deficit of SL Unrestr. prev. 350 KG : XX material XX plant XX storage location

Message no. M7021

Diagnosis

Shortfall below the specified stock level or quantity amounting to 350 KG.

System Response

If the message is an error message (E), the above is not allowed.

If the message is a warning message (W), the system will allow your input, but the warning is intended to prevent you entering a wrong quantity.

Procedure

In the case of a warning message, check the quantity entered.

In the case of an error message, change the quantity or terminate processing."

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

The error you are getting because at the date on which u are creating delivery did not having the stock of the material. i.e. Say material is posted into stock on 15th may, now u can see the stock is there, but if u try to create delivery before 15th the system will throw the error.

For diagnosis, you can check the good posting dates to ur account and then create the delivery. or else follow the suggestion by Mr Lakshmipathi.

Thanks,

Raja

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi the experts,

As I mentioned in my previous thread, the system is not allowed to proceed further if reverse posting date before the posting date.

And the delivery must be posted in April. The error seems to be caused by the wrong posting date/reverse posting date. How to solve?

Pls help further.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As u said... the posting is done on 7 may instead of april 1.

When ur reversing ... keep the posting date as 7 th may.. then reverse or cancel...

You cannot post or reverse or cancel in separate dates.

- Pithan

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pithan,

Yes, what you mentioned is correct.

But, the question is how to post goods issue in previous month now. In other words, stock should be in previous month.

U know, stock is uploaded in April as to issue in April. Due to wrong posting date, the goods issue is reversed in May. When posting goods issue again, it does not allow to post in April.

Any ideas?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try creating a delivery in May and while reversing in VL09, block that delivery reference and click on "Define Date" on top and maintain a date in April'09.

Now check whether your requirement can be fulfilled as right now, I dont have access to SAP and hence, not sure whether this is possible or not.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathy,

I tried the same as you said but its throwing the error below:

GI for delivery 80014996 cannot be canceled for the following reasons:

Cancellation date 30.04.2009 is before the goods issue date 28.05.2009.

I don't have the any issues but i tried whether its working or not.

Kindly suggest...

Regards,

SK