Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI against CVS

former_member189501
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

a Sap netweaver customer of mine if thinking to develop a custom application (an internet application) using JSF, websphere, CVS, eclicpse and Tomcat.

I'm not a java Developer and I would like to know your opinions.

Could be better to use Java WebDypro, JDI, NWDS and the Sap J2EE as he's already a Sap netweaver customer ?

What's the main difference between CVS and JDI ?

And from Tomcat and the Sap J2EE ?

ANy opinion is wellcome.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro

Good suggestion ,

Well it would actually depend on if the customer is adding functionality to an existing app running on websphere. For a new application it makes sense to use SAP infrastructure but its difficult to make a decision without enough background.

CVS is a source control system , but JDI provides the full suite of software lifecycle managment tools. You could say CVS is like (and only) the DTR.

Well Tomcat is a JSP/Servlet container I dont know if they support app server capabilities , websphere(WAS) is more analogous to SAP J2EE engine.

If they are looking at a more open standards based solution like JSF then it would get difficult to get them to steer to Java WebDynpro . But good news is that there is a planned support for JSF although I am not sure about timelines.

How JSF would work in the context of JDI interms of build is somthing else that needs to be investigated

Regards

Pran