cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS Personalization for WD-ABAP iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is regarding personalization for WD-ABAP iView.

1. Logged into portal using content admin role and made necessary personalization on development system.

2. In order to move these changes to quality, I followed the below mentioned steps as found in one of the forums:

For any WD-ABAP Personalization transport, you need to follow these steps:

a. Via content admin preview and edit the iView to your desires. Make sure you do this through

content admin only or the changes will be user specific and those cannot be transported.

b. Go to transaction SICF and follow the path to make sure this service is active.

sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wd_analyze_config_user

c. Launch the service and you'll see a table listing the Webdynpro ABAP changes. You'll only

be able to transport the user scope "All"

3. I clicked on the transport button and this created a request on my development client with the following objects added: WDY_CONF_USER, WDY_CONF_USERT, WDY_CONF_USERT2

4. When I try to transport this to Q, it gives me an error mesage saying "you cannot transport client-specific objects".

Kindly advise the way to transport this personalization further in the landscape.

Regards,

Murtuza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the client settings CHANGES AND TRANSPORTS FOR CLIENT SPECIFIC OBJECTS is set to changes w/o automatic recording, no transport allowed in SCC4.

Thank you,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was resolved after opening the client for transport and then moving the transport.

Regards,

Murtuza