Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Budget - Plan Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if Project Budget has the following:

1. plan version (I am not sure if there is a version concept for Budget similar to Plan)

2. if IM34 is executed to roll up plan values of projects to Investment program, the plan version is specified, I want to know if I specify ex: B00, does it mean it will copy B00 plan version of project to B00 BUDGET version (or there is no concept of plan version on BUDGET)?

3. Does the Budget line item has Fiscal Year and Period? I have tried to check Budget line item report CJI8 but noticed they do not have Fiscal Year and Period.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. For the budget there is no concept of version.

2. yes if you specify B00 or other plan version than it will roll up to that plan version. meance cost plant will get roll up..... not budget. because IM34 is used for cos roll up at IM position not for budget...

Version to version copying for the IM program you can does from IMCCV1 - Copy Plan Version.

3. As the budget is distributed against year and not against period . so in CJI8 you will not find period. Year you can choose via adding filed in your report layoout..

Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies for the Typo on the transaction code, my question is actually on IMCCP1 - when using this to transfer IM plan to IM budget. (IM plan ex: B00 was rolled up from project plan ex: B00 via IM34) I can see there is a "version" field in IMCCP1, so I want to confirm that means only the version of IM plan (ex: B00) to which will be transferred to IM budget (no version? or that version field also mean IM budget version?)

Also, after executing the transacton for transfer to IM budget (IMCCP1), the plan value will still remain right (since the term is "transfer" and not "copy")

When I check the line item for project budget (CJI8), I noticed that the version is 0, could you confirm if this is a SAP standard default or there is really some version for budget? Also, with CJI8, I noticed some of the line items are without "Fiscal year" could you advise if it means they are for "Overall" and not annual?

Thanks for your help as always.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies for the Typo on the transaction code, my question is actually on IMCCP1 - when using this to transfer IM plan to IM budget. (IM plan ex: B00 was rolled up from project plan ex: B00 via IM34) I can see there is a "version" field in IMCCP1, so I want to confirm that means only the version of IM plan (ex: B00) to which will be transferred to IM budget (no version? or that version field also mean IM budget version?)

Also, after executing the transacton for transfer to IM budget (IMCCP1), the plan value will still remain right (since the term is "transfer" and not "copy")

When I check the line item for project budget (CJI8), I noticed that the version is 0, could you confirm if this is a SAP standard default or there is really some version for budget? Also, with CJI8, I noticed some of the line items are without "Fiscal year" could you advise if it means they are for "Overall" and not annual?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CJI8, you can see all values. In the selection screen, you have to specify whether you are looking Annual values or Overall values. This depends on the budget profile of your project. If your profile is Annual, you have to specify the range of Fisacl years and if your profile is Overall, you have to check the Overall values box.

Regards

RK

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMCCP1 version field you are refering that is for hte Plan cost. As there is no cocept of Budget version in SAP.... The reason is Budget is some what like actual cost....As for the actaul cost we are using version 0 like as for the Budget also there is only one version...

Actaul cost , Budget , Commitment all are having version 0 only.... .

Up to cost planning we can use version, Because that is no binding one.

-

After executing the transacton for transfer to IM budget (IMCCP1), the plan value will remain as it is. Because you may have to use that cost plan once again... althoug the wording are like that transfer but the plan values will be as it is after transfer.

-

If the the budget is distributed with overall as time frame in that case you will not find the year in line item report.

I confirm once again there is no concept of budget version in SAP.

Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

When you say no budget version concept, it means there is no "plan version" for budget right? I am just a bit curious on why there is a column for "Version" being generated when CJI8 is run (F1 explanation: Planning/budgeting version)

Thanks!

Vivian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The Budget can be done in CJ30 but till the release of the Budget in CJ32, the amount can not be consumed.

2.In IM34, we can plan the IM investment

3.Budget values can be Periodic and Item levels

Regards

Uddhab