Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Purchase Requisition Approval Workflow

Hi ABAPers,

I would like to be able to create a workflow that is such that it sends an e-mail to the approver saying something like 'PR 10000010 created by SAPUser was created. Please release (approve)'.

I have scheduled the program RSWUWFML2 with the apropriate variant and it is working fine. So far, the workflow sends an e-mail to the creater of the PR only, together with the work item attached, but does not send to the approver.

But the solution I need is to be able to

1. Send the e-mail I have mentioned to the first approver in the release strategy in transaction ME52N.

2. If this first approver does not approve within 2 working days, it then sends that e-mail to the second approver, and so on...

3. The workflow ends when the approvals are done by all in the release strategy.

Is there a standard way that I can use to do this or I would have to create tasks, events etc?

Former Member
Former Member replied

How that rule 20000026 works, is that whenever the task is triggered, the release code and PR are passed on to it, and it determines the agent from there. So, as long as the first approver made the approval, then the second release code should be passed the next time, and the second approver should be notified. And so on.

I've never tried using the Requested End tab. Since it's a tab in the same step in the workflow, I don't know if it "refreshes" the container information when the deadline is hit. I'm thinking it might use that same initial information that was used to send the workflow item to manager 1... is it sending any work items out after the deadline?

I'd probably suggest posting a new thread about the requested end in the workflow forum, I'm sure there are people with more experience ready to help!

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question