cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Hierarchy(UNSPSC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am bussy with an MDM 7.1 implementation.I need to laod UNSPSC Hierarcies (6 levels). Does anybody have an example of what the layout should look like for an import file.

We use two fileds, CODE field (DF)and Definition Field. Also could you highlight the steps to import.

Thanking you

Chris Huggett

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In Import manager, select the table from source side and target sides.

In partion tab slect the table fields map one to one field mapping

After that you need to map value level mapping

select field what ever you want herarchy level, right click , nested herarhy .

its showing the destination side herarhy level.

Regards,

Bhupal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

As above replies - to create hierarchies during import you will need to use Access. If your source data (UNSPSC number & definition) are separated with delimiter(;):

follow these steps:

1. Select Source table & Destination table.

2. In the Source Hierarchy pane, right-click on the Hierarchy node and select u201CSet Split Delimiter | Split Hierarchyu201D. You should see the inherit default Delimiter, you set the new delimiter.

3. In the Source Hierarchy pane, right-click on the Hierarchy node and select u201CSplit into Hierarchyu201D

4. You should see a new field Hierarchy node <split Hierarchy> has been created in the source Hierarchy pane.

5. In the Source Fields pane, click on the Hierarchy node<Split Hierarchy> field to select it and map this to UNSPSC(DF).

6. Do Value Mapping( here we will have 4 options - Add as Sibling, Add as Child, Add Branch as Sibling,

Add branch as Child).

follow this article:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30aa1447-80a1-2a10-e483-a76087bc...

Hope this may help you.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

first of all, in order to create hierarchies during import in MDM you will need to use Access. This is because a new hierarchy field is created in the data source.

Admittingly, I never imported UNSPSC but I did it with eClass, which should be equal. In Import Manager select the table with the fields. Then, in the source hierarchy tree, select the code and the name fields and right-click. In the drop-down menu you should be able to click on Create Hierarchy Field. In the new window, enter a name for the new field and the following information:

Parent Field: None

Child Field: <UNSPSC code>

Node Name Field: <UNSPSC name>

Then click ok. You will see a new field with the name you entered above and a second field, which is simply a split into a hierarchy tree. Use the latter to map it to your UNSPSC hierarchy or taxonomy table. Note that the primary display field in the target hierachy table must be the code field. When you do the value mapping, markt the hierachy on the left and then click on Add --> Add Branch As Child.

I hope that is understandable and helps.

Best regards

Christian