cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making abap in process chain return status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently I have a process chain containing several abaps which run sequentially. Unfortunately when these were added to the process chain the only connection option was the black line which means to continue regardless of the results of the abap code. What I would like to happen would be for the process chain to stop when any of the abap's fails.

One of my team members was at the BW portals conference this year and was told that it is possible to add something in the abap code so that it returns an alert status that a process chain can use. Does anyone have any idea on how that can be done or has done it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

You need to do two things for that.

First change the Process Type ABAP. You can do this from transaction RSPC. Goto Settings => Maintain Process Types. Select ABAP and goto display. Change the possible events to Process ends "successful" or "incorrect". This will allow you to select other connections like success or failure.

After this in your program just give an Error message to tell process chain that program ended unsuccessfully.

Let me know if you need more info on this.

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (0)