cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

what do you mean by source inspection an how it is done in SAP?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206980
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a lay man langauage, you can say source inspection is an inspection which is carried out at supplier premises in the presence of customer's representative or third party by the request of customer to ensure that product which is to be delivered must be posses the quality which has been mentioned in the LC. Usually this type of inspection is carried out when material is delivered to very far away or heavy machine/assembly. reference doc is PO.At the time of inspection you can note down the inspected batches. If this batches is not coincided at the time of GR , You can again create an inspection lot and record the inspection result.

In SAP point of view, You must create quality info record and assign inspection type for source inspection and you too assign inspection type for source inspection in the material master. Accordingly create inspection plan. When your purchase order is get released you are able to create inspection for source inspection through QI07.

Setting for whether you need inspection after GR too can be made in the Quality infor record and setting for whether system can allow to create new inspection lot when batches is get changed from the batched which has inspected during source inspection can be made in QM control key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear pankaj Jadhav sir,

Can u provide step by step process flow of souce inspection. Like for eg. i have to procure a material m1 and i want to do source inspection.What arethe steps from settings in material master to GR in un-restricted use?

Regards,

former_member206980
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

As i have written in earliar text, follow the same sequence and nothing more than that.

For help.

Create quality info record QI01

Assign inspection type for source inspection in the material master

Create inspection plan

Create PO

Release PO

Create inspection lot for source inspection QI07

Result recording

Usage decision QA11 that's all

Try to take help for SAP library for creating these even though if you get stuck in any section let me know

it's very kind of you for appreciation

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

For more clarity on source of inspection, i sharing the following -

A source inspection is initiated and supervised by the customer, ordering party or his representative. A source inspection can be carried out by:

u2022 The party receiving the goods or services

u2022 The vendor, in the presence of the recipient

u2022 A third party empowered by the recipient

When the system generates a work list for source inspections, it only considers materials and vendors for which:

u2022Quality information records exist (these records specify a source inspection as the inspection type).

u2022The inspection type has been defined and activated in the material master record.

When a work list generated for source inspections, the system considers a period during which the inspection must be performed (including the lead time defined in the quality information record). The source inspections can be manually generated a list of materials that are defined for the purpose. This can be done by triggering source inspections manually.

For configuration of source informatin, use following link

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/2d/351b7d448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Thanks & regards,

mahesh

Edited by: mahesh vr on May 28, 2009 4:59 PM