cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Java stack necessary for web services client proxy from ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to configure WS client in ABAP to invoke a web service on the remote server. accordingly i created a client proxy by importing WSDL from the other server.

Proxy was generated successfully but when i tried to call its method it gave me following error

GET_BUSINESS_SYSTEM_ERROR An error occurred when determining the business system (SLD_API_EXCEPTION)

I am creating this client in my ECC6 system so i doubt whether they have configured any SLD for the same. Do we have to configure SLD for invokign the web service?

I hope ABAP stack should be ok for providing and consuming web services.

Thanks in advance.

regards

rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need neither SLD, neither a java stack to be able to call or publish web services from ECC6.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Olivier for confirming but then why it is giving SLD error. when i debugged the process it attempted to get the sender system from SLD.

when SLD host and port came blank, it raised SLD exception.

I had looked at runtime configuration required for Web services. accordingly we had configured RFC destination of type R3 and inbound configuration for WS messaging.

but that didn't helped. if u had configured web services client before kindly let me know what are the pre-requisites of the same.

regards

rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've calld webservices without using an SLD.

I just created a client proxy from the WSDL and made the runtime configuration with SOAMANAGER.

Then the developpers created the program using the client proxy class.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

can u let me know what configuration u did in SOAMANAGER. i hope that one may be missing in my case.

appreciate your reply on this.

regards

rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually in SOAMANAGER i could locate my proxy under Business Admin->WS Admin. i just created logical port with the WSDL that i am having.

now it gave me "SOAP:1.007 SRT: Unsupported xstream found: ("HTTP Code 404 : Not found")" which i guess means URL is not reachable.

regards

rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Actually in SOAMANAGER i could locate my proxy under Business Admin->WS Admin. i just created >logical port with the WSDL that i am having.

Yes, that the config I usually do.

>("HTTP Code 404 : Not found")"

It seems that your logical port is false.

Check the HTTP destination which was created and test it.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Actually this http destination is of web-methods server from where SAP gets requests. so this URL should be reachable from SAP server. also i tried to execute the hostname and port into the browser and it worked fine.

also one more error i am getting when trying to import another WSDL "No vendor specified". any idea what does that mean?

the later WSDL is almost similar to one that i import before and generated a proxy.

regards

rajeev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not required