cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi line issue in Table Cell Editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing an occasionally connected application for handheld devices using NetWeaver Mobile 7.1. In one of the view, I have a table which display items information from the data source. In one of the column I need to display item description so I used TextEdit in the Cell Editor to display the information in multi line format and also wrapping is enabled.

But during testing of the application the TextEdit control does not wraps the text and as well as only first line of TextEdit control is visible inside the table and rest of the rows are not visible because of table's row height is not adjusted to the TextEdit control. I couldn't find any option to vary the size of the row height of the table.

Please suggest a solution to bring multi line display with in the table.

Also, check out my other issue posted here.

[|]

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

DVR.

Edited by: Vinodh Raj D on May 28, 2009 8:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have replied to your question in the earlier post.

Regards,

Narayani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayani,

As you said in the previous post, the rows and cols property for the TextEdit control was already set. But still the problem exists.

Thanks & Regards,

DVR.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You would see arrows( which may be greyed out if there are no many rows, but you should see it enabled if you have many rows) on the right hand side for scrolling up and down.

What you could do is increase the rows and see if you get the required height.

Thanks and Regards,

Narayani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The rows property was already set to "4" but no change in height of the TextEdit control with in Cell Editor. The data is also multiline text.

Regards,

DVR

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

Mutliline text in a text view/edit control inside a table cell is not supported.

You can view multiline text in a text view/edit as a seperate control inside a view. I think in case you want to see the whole address you can create a detail(s) view which can be navigated from the list (table) view.

Regards,

Nipun

0 Kudos

Hi,

The same works in Laptop very well.I guess it is a problem with the rendering.

I think you can raise an OSS with the same.

Regards,

Narayani