cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use GRC AC 5.3 for non-sap applications ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We deployed SAP GRC 5.3 in our SAP landscape and currently we using all the components for SAP applications only i.e ECC/CRM/BI etc.

We have other ERP applications based on .NET and SQL for which we wish to link the GRC application. We wanted to perform SoD anlaysis for the users of these applications.

We understood that GRC supports even non-SAP applications as well.

We have authorization objects in the form of tables for these users. Is there a way to use this data and interface with GRC.

Please provide us the link or any information available in this regard

Thanks and Best Regards,

Srihari.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Yes..Greenlight Technologies is the provider of RTAs for all the non SAP systems including mainstream ERP systems, non standard, home grown and legacy applications. We have the expertise and we have delivered RAR and CUP connectors to various customers for their non SAP requirements. We have built connectors for applications which are .NET and SQL Server based. We would like to know the requirements in more details.

Dolly Salsky

Greenlight Technologies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harleen/Alpesh,

Thanks for the valuable inputs. Our applications are customized applications for the business requirement on .Net and SQL. I think as suggested by Alpesh we can try out the option of offline mode risk anlaysis if it works out or not.

Best Regards,

Srihari.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

The risk analysis part will surely work. It will require little bit of trial and error. I am not sure about user provisioning piece as it will require you to write code to consume webservices available from CUP.

Regards,

Alpesh

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Yes its possible to use GRC AC 5.3 for non SAP applications . Greenlight provides Real Time Agents that need to be installed on the ERP systems to perform risk analysis. You can also perform offline risk analysis by extracting data from the target systems and uploading it to Risk Analysis and Remediation.

Please refer SAP Note : 1076755 to know which versions are supported by GRC.

I think then the first point of reference should be the conifguration guide and the release notes provided with the installation packages for non SAP RTAs.

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

Harleen is right but there is an issue here. Greenlight provides RTAs for Oracle, JDE, Hyperion, Peoplesoft etc. It doesn't provide RTA for any ERP based on .NET and SQL. What kind of ERP is this? You might be able to use RAR's offline risk analysis capability to run risk analysis but you won't be able to generate roles or create users unless you develop those features yourself. Here is the link to understand and implement RAR offline mode risk analysis feature:

https://www.sdn.sap.com//irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20a06e3f-24b6-2a10-dba0-e817433...

Regards,

Alpesh